Sunday 15 February 2009

Jordan and Palestine in The Early 1900s

I've had some photographs taken in Jordan and Palestine in the early 1900s sitting in a file on my pc for a while, and I've thought of printing them and framing them to hang them at home in Amman, which I will, but I also wanted to hang them on my blog's wall.

The photos were taken in the period between 1900 and 1912 and include photographs of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Haifa, Nablus, Amman, Jarash, Petra and probably Hebron. You can see the Dome of the Rock, with its dome still made of wood, before it was covered with lead, and later with gold.

Enjoy.

p.s: Try watching it in full screen and in high quality, it's a much nicer mental trip.

6 comments:

  1. You're welcome, glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant see it for some odd reason :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, well if you try to type in the title on YouTube you'll find it there as well Batoul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nizar: it did indeed, but becomes eery when you think of what was coming.

    ReplyDelete